Project: Consultancy services for Cenpower Generation Company Ltd’s 360 MW Thermal Power Plant at Kpone (Tema)
Details of deliverables:
Our team was a key member of the project development and implementation team, and advised on various aspects of the transaction, including:
- Assistance with registration and perfection of land documents.
- Advising on, and assisting with the tax and corporate structuring of the project, including the optimisation of debt-to-equity ratio.
- Involvement with Fuel Supply Agreement negotiation, and subsequently incorporating the fuel supply and storage companies.
- Involvement in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract negotiation and structuring of the EPC – Special Purpose Vehicle.
- Liaising with Cenpower’s financial advisor and model analyst, Greengate LLC, to properly capture and model the project financials, including the tax assumptions.
- Coordination with the model auditor and the model tax advisor to issue audit and tax opinions to lenders, prior to achieving financial close.
- Assistance with meeting/achieving all conditions precedent (CPs).
- Assistance with tax exemption application process, including the preparation of the exemption application pack for cabinet and parliamentary approval.
- Assisting with post-financial close activities, including importation of power plant
and resultant tax exemption application process