Project: Consultancy services for Amandi 200 MW Thermal Power Plant at Aboadze
Details of deliverables:
Our team is a key member of the project development and implementation team, providing
support such as:
- Liaising with Electricity Company of Ghana to determine the tax assumptions that are incorporated into the PPA
- Coordinating the finalisation, cabinet-approval and Parliamentary approval for a Government Consent & Support Agreement, particularly with respect to the tax wording in the GCSA
- Negotiating and structuring of the Fuel Supply Agreement, and subsequently incorporating the Supply and Storage Companies
- Involvement in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract finalisation for signing, and advising on the tax implication of the EPC structure.
- Advising the sponsors / shareholders on project structuring and tax maximisation approach
- Advising on the tax implication of other aspects of the project, such as Operations & Maintenance (O&M), Long Term Service Agreement (LTSA), etc.
- Assistance with tax exemption application process, including the preparation of the exemption application pack for cabinet